2020 got a lot of us thinking about our health, and 2021 should be no different. Taking care of your body is important, which is why this is the year for healthy New Year’s resolutions. There are many ways you can focus on your health this year, big and small. Many people focus on losing weight as a resolution, but there are ways to make your mind and body healthier that may help you lose weight as a side effect.
You can do so much more for your body with a New Year’s resolution besides just lose weight. Here are some ways to improve your health
- Take your medication as prescribed: take your medication on the day and time you are supposed to. We can help with the MediBubble prescription solution, which manages your medications for you telling you exactly when to take them. Your whole month is planned out and delivered right to you.
- Get a physical: don’t go to the doctor only when you are sick. Getting a yearly physical is an important way to ensure you stay healthy and catch problems early.
- Get more sleep: lack of sleep can cause weight gain, heart disease and depression. Getting at least seven hours a night can improve your health. Reducing screen time and caffeine intake are two simple ways to get a better night’s sleep.
- Cook more meals at home: people who cook more of their own home have a better diet quality and are more likely to have less body fat.
- Set up automatic refills on prescriptions: it is important to not skip a day, so getting your prescriptions the same day every month can help. With our delivery services, you can ensure that you have your medication when you need it.
- Drink more water: being more hydrated can help you lose weight, have better skin and remove toxins from your body.
- Cut back on alcohol: though alcohol can fit into a healthy diet, cutting back can help with sleep, weight loss and mental health. Setting a goal—like only drinking on weekends or a setting drink limit when you do drink—can help.
Having a healthy mind is integral to having a healthy body. Here are some resolutions you can instill in your life in the next year to have a healthier mind:
- Try meditation: this can help you to promote mental well-being and reduce anxiety and depression. There are books, podcasts and apps that can help you.
- Limit screen time: being on your phone or computer too much can be hazardous to your mental well-being. Spend some time off the screen each day to help with sleep and anxiety.
- Practice self-care: be sure you are taking care of yourself. This is especially important for parents and caregivers who think of others’ needs all day long. Something as simple as taking a bath or going for a walk can improve your mood tremendously.
- Feed your mind: your mind doesn’t stop wanting to learn once you are out of school. Be sure to exercise your mind with things like reading, crosswords or puzzles.
We are always ready to help you achieve your health goals. With the MediBubble, you don’t need to worry about forgetting prescriptions, running out or taking something at the wrong time. One less thing to worry about as you work towards a healthier you in 2021. Contact us to get started or for help with any of your other prescriptions.